Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Dax and Winter Carnival

Yesterday I got to go to Salem to spend time with my aunt Lori and cousins, Julia and Cori...and of course, Cori's son, Dax! Lucky boy...he got to go shopping with us! He is so cute and fun to play with. Grandma Lori put a nylon sock on his head in the shoe store. He didn't like that too much!

Nice hat, eh?


Flying on grandma's lap. I am really having a hard time calling Lori that (grandma). She's not old enough for that!

Dax at lunch. Right before this he was slurping up noodles. The noodles were so long he would have to take a break and take a big breath before he continued to work on the noodle. Too cute. And, yes, Dax was the highlight of the day, so I don't have pictures of all of us together. Just him! We did find some great shopping deals though, just don't tell Nyle!


We also went to Winter Carnival on Saturday at Hoodoo. It was beautiful weather and we had a blast. We missed Mr. Incredible this year, but as you will see, others made up for his absence. The McLoughlin family came again this year to celebrate with us...it was great!

Katie McLoughlin

Jed & Louis

The man taking the place of Mr. Incredible this year! Nice hat!

A bunch of our youth were a part of the pie eating contest. This is Mandi, Mackenzie, Brooks and Jeremiah. My neice, Mackenzie took the prize for this group!


Sydney and Hallie McLoughlin...they are inseperable whenever they get together!


Nyle even participated in the pie-eating contest. He did not win and was very disappointed. He just got to smell the pudding for the rest of the day. Yuck!


This is Ethan Morgan with pudding all over his face. He and Nyle had a strategy that didn't quite work, but they gave it a shot anyway. It was: Put as much pie on your face as possible and then you won't have to eat as much.

Rick & Dianne and Vonnie came too!

Syd thought she would tie a balloon to her helmet for the day. It was a fun idea, but she took it off before the first run because it drove her crazy!

Nyle and Tracy Hendrikson. She works there, so she is all dressed up as a ring leader.

This is Tracy Foteff, our neighbor. She is all dressed up & looking beautiful too...there was a bunch of them in prom dresses! Only at Hoodoo!

5 comments:

Cassie said...

Dax is getting SO old!!! He is adorable! I'm liking Lori's new hair do! The Hoodoo carnival looks like a blast and you guys are always ready to party!

Patti said...

Mr. Incredible is sitting here saying that he MISSED the winter carnival! His mom was glad he missed it. I am sad I missed it too - I had a blast there last year.

Beth said...

LOOKS LIKE FUN!!! SEE YOU TOMORROW!!!!! :) :) :) Soooo excited! Can't wait!!! YIPPPEEE!!!! COUNT ME IN!!!! TOMORROW! TOMORROW! I LOVE YOU! TOMORROW! IT'S ONLY A DAY AWWWWAAAAYYYY!!!! :) :)

p.s. totally didn't recognize Nyle with a pudding face..I had to blow it up and stare at it to even see him in there.. crazy :)

Beth said...

Oh, and making my list of stuff to pack...

snow clothes check
boots check
jackets check
prom dress check

We're good to go! ;)

Brian and Marnae Powell Family said...

Hey Emily! I just thought you would think this was funny that I have been playing your music while I get house work done. I was looking through blogs (yours is very cute btw) and decided I should keep your on cause the music rocks! We need to hang out with you guys more than once a year on the lake...