Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I've been tagged...

6 quirky things about me...

1. I hate to clean! When I do clean, I jump around the whole time, never completing one room before I move on to something else. I know, I'm weird! I've always been this way!

2. I love to shop, but feel guilty if I spend more than $100 on myself. "Myself" includes everything except food. But, when I shop at Costco, it doesn't seem to count. It all becomes food there (I realize this is a wierd justification)!

3. I love to start projects...new and exciting things that are sitting in my head forever. Notice, I said "start..." I have a problem finishing things though. I have about ten projects going right now. That doesn't include work projects. I don't understand it myself. I need to hire a "finisher." I guess this goes right along with #1 I guess the one thing I am great at finishing is books!

4. I hate to call people. I don't know if I'm allergic to phones or what, but calling people makes me nervous. If they want to talk to me, they will call me, right?! I know, that's not how it works. I have gotten better than I was, but it's still a work in progress. The wierd thing is, I really don't mind getting up in front of people and teaching, or talking.

5. I love to travel. In my mind, all the money spent traveling is justified, because you're creating memories. Right? Any excuse to play! I live for the next trip, unfortunately, I don't have one planned.

6. Last for now, but there are more for sure...I love paper and fabrics. I would love to have a room filled with them! I'm obsessed with Amy Butler and I wish I had at least a yard of every fabric she has ever designed! They just make me happy.

6 comments:

Patti said...

1) me
2) me
3) me
4) dad
5) dad
6) me
SORRY!

Anonymous said...

I am totally with you on 4 & 5! You are right on! You kids will NEVER forget the cruise! Right?
Love you!

Trishelle said...

Proof, once again, that you are fabulous and quirky. In regards to #6, I love your taste in fabrics and papers. The quilt you made Holly when she was born opened my eyes to a whole new world of coordinates. Your craft is seriously a form of art!

Julia said...

Is this a list about you or me??

Beth said...

awwwww... I love all of your quirks :) I love Nyle's too... although I'm going to have to pay attention to my sound level when I'm around him.. I tend to speak/laugh really loud (I know, shocking). Kyle always whispers, "You're yelling.." It drives me crazy ;)

John and Cathryn said...

haha I love this! You and Nyle are so funny and I'm shocked you hate cleaning..it's my favorite thing in the world. Thank you so much for the happy birthday that means a lot to me that you took the time to comment and wish me a happy birthday! SEE YOU SUNDAY!?!?!