My boys both had to write a poem this year about themselves. I cried reading them. I just had to share.
I AM FROM….
By Tyler Head
I am from model cars, painted dogs, and blue stripes on my wall.
I came from gas money, chipmunks,
and a pine tree in the backyard.
I am more than motorcycles racing down the road,
swooshes on a net, and shooting at targets.
I am from bats on the ceiling, superheroes on the wall,
and a smart board.
I am made of spaghetti sauce, hot spicy buffalo wings,
and great steak.
I survived my brother giving me weggies, my great grandpa
dying, and not seeing “Tractor Grandpa” very much.
I made it through being a twin, cutting my foot,
and learning how to read.
I have been in Arizona, Hawaii, and sometimes in trouble.
I will be a quarterback for the Eagles, and a dentist.
I AM IRON MAN.
I am from...
by Tanner Head
I am from oatmeal
from back packs and sports items
I am from outside, from the front yard
from the taste of ice cream and the smell of cookies
I am from the grass out front
The big Juniper out back
whose long gone limbs I remember
as if they were my own
I am from opening presents on Christmas Eve and
from Tyler and Sydney
I am from hiking and the trip to the coast on Rhody weekend
and riding in the sand dunes
I am from "eat all your dinner" and "don't say bad things to my sister"
and twinkle twinkle little star
I am from baking cookies on Christmas Eve
I am from Sisters Oregon and Ireland
hamburgers and ice cream
from my brother almost hitting a car
and jumping over ocean waves
pictures hanging on the wall
and photo albums in the office.







5 comments:
Wow, I am IMPRESSED! Excellent poems from both of the boys. They wrote these on their own?!?!?!
Those are so sweet!
LOVE these. They are amazing! They really thought of these on their own?? They sound like true poets and all I can say is...you've done good mom... They both have some pretty great memories to draw from :)
I love these! Is it weird that they made me cry too?
Those are true treasures !
I love teachers that think up such great ides that they last a life time !
Post a Comment