Sydney has been planning this day for years! We promised her that when she turned 8 she could get her ears pierced. Her friend Makenna turns 8 a week before Syd, so we combined the day with Makenna and her mom, Lonnie. The girls spent Friday night together and then we all joined up in the morning. They even wore matching outfits! It was so fun! We went out to eat at Pastini's first (girl's choice), Yummy!
Here are some of the outfits...nice poses girls!
The time has come, and Makenna wanted to go first.
She did it!!! After it was done, she looked at me and told me it really hurt...with crocodile tears rolling down her face!

The "after" shots. Syd was worried about her ears turning red, but her eyes turned more red then her ears!

The "after" shots. Syd was worried about her ears turning red, but her eyes turned more red then her ears!
Later, when Lonnie and I were trying something on in Ann Taylor Loft ($3.66 items that we couldn't pass up!!!), the girls said, "if this is a dream, I don't ever want to wake up!" Too cute. It was a great day!!! We will make it a tradition every year...minus the piercing! Thanks for making it so fun Lonnie and Makenna! We love you guys!







10 comments:
Oh they look beautiful! What a fun day for everyone and now they get to be baptized on the same day. Happy birthday girls!
That is so much fun!!! I can't believe she is 8!!!! She was so little!!!
Is it wierd that I got teary looking at these pictures... especially the one where you are talking to her (after) and she's looking at you with a really sad face! bwwaaaaa aaaaaa!!! I'm glad I wasn't there. I would have been like "Cmon, Syd! I'll save you !!!" ;) Love you and her.
It was definitely a day we will never forget! Getting your ears pierced is almost a "right of passage" and I'm so glad Makenna did it with her best friend, they'll share that memory forever! Not too much longer and they will get to share an even bigger day - getting baptized! Who knows what other big moments they'll share together - going into YW's together, starting High School, getting their driver's licenses, going on their first dates (hopefully they'll do a group thing) and, OK, maybe I'm getting carried away! We just love Syd and the whole fam - can't wait for the next girls day out!
Way cute!!! She looks so much like you Emily. I remember when Hailee got her ears pierced.....same tramatic but fun day! Unfortunately she has the same allergic reaction to earrings that I do and they got infected and the doc told her she had to let them grow in. All that for nothing. GRRRRRRR!!!
Wahooo! It's great to be eight! Emily, I can't get over how much she looks like you! What a super fun birthday. I'm sure she'll always remember it!
Awww she has the sweetest little face, and those teary pics really tug on the heart.
Such fun ! What agreat memory maker! She looks darling.
Happy Birthday Sid !
Eight IS great!
thanks for the skiing weekend we enjoyed it
from the McLoughlins
thanks for the skiing weekend we really enjoyed it!
from, the mcloughlins
Post a Comment