Sydney turned 7 on January 16th! We had a High School Musical Slumber Party last Friday night with 6 other little girls. The first couple hours were a dream! I thought to myself, "I should do this every year!" But, as the evening went on, I realized that no matter what age the girls are, they are still very emotional (it's not just teenagers). I spent my night fighting fires...soothing hurt feelings and wiping tears over funny little things. One girl ate another girls milkshake by accident and felt so terrible that she went in a corner to cry. I went over to her and she wouldn't even talk about it. Poor thing. Once she realized that nobody cared, she let it go. Drama, drama! Over all, it was really fun. Sydney was in heaven with all the attention and HSM stuff! We played Karaoke & painted their nails. Julia & Dianne were there to help me...thanks guys! I couldn't have done it without you!
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











5 comments:
What a FUN party! Syd looks so tall and cute!! I miss her and can't believe she is already 7! Wasn't she just that chubby dark haired little baby girl in our arms???? Tell her we love her.
Awwww! SYDNEY LOU IS 7??!! Noooooo!!!!! It does look like a fun party.. oh man, my girls would have LOVED to have been a part of it. But, I can almost guarantee that Paige would have added to the "drama"... ;)
Looks like quite the party! The HSM karaokee it pretty fun (even Chris played with my neices at Christmas...he was "just helping"). Happy Birthday Syd!!!
You didnt mention that we sang the girls to sleep. I would have thought that was your favorite part ;)
how fun. somehow I missed this post and the one before this. slow learner apparently. I had no idea 7 year olds could be so dramatic...but I am glad you had other people there to help you. 3 adults can handle that many 7 year olds right?
Post a Comment