Monday, August 4, 2008

Tumalo Falls Hike

Nyle and I are getting ready to hike the Middle Sister, and Rick has a 50-miler starting today, so we thought we would take a little hike to get into shape. It was a 7 miler to the Falls in Tumalo. It was beautiful, and not too painful. I am sore in my shins and Nyle's heels are killing him. It could have been worse!

The troops behind me.

Sydney up ahead of me

Nyle overlooking the river, and the outcropping of rocks. On the way back we saw rock climbers hanging off the side!

Wildflowers along the way

The falls!



Everyone on a deck that actually hangs out over the falls.


The Trammel Family...Mackenzie actually wore flip-flops for the entire hike!

Our family

When we got to the end, we found a place beyond the falls where we could all dip our feet in. It was cold and refreshing. I'm glad there isn't any sound that goes with this picture, because I was telling Syd to keep her shoes away from the water...it wouldn't be any fun to hike back in wet shoes. She does actually get them a little wet 1 second after this picture, but she didn't say a word after I had warned her!

Overall, it was a great hike! You wanna go mom? We can actually skip almost all of the hike. We found a lot of cars parked when we got to the falls and the boys were wondering why we didn't just drive there?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a BEAUTIFUL spot! I'll go. I don't know, do we need to drive? I'm willing to hike it... if it isn't too difficult.

John and Cathryn said...

Now you can add me. It was fun hanging out with you Saturday!!! WE LOVE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY! :)

Sandy said...

What beautiful scenery. I used to love hiking and did a lot of it as a young adult. Paul threw my hiking boots away when we got married. Boo.

Erin said...

you guys do the coolest stuff. it looks like such a pretty spot too!