Monday, September 15, 2008

Are you ready for some Football?!!

We are! The boys had their first two games on Saturday. They won one and lost one, but it was the most exciting football I've ever watched! I only got 2 pictures, and they are both lame. I just thought I would post one so you could see what they look like out there. Tanner is the quarterback in this picture. He was very successful! We had parents coming up to us all through the games, saying..."wow, Tanner really has a good arm", "I knew he could throw, but he's really accurate too." Yeah, that's our son!!! (I'm trying not to be too prideful!) I'm just so happy to see that they are not all talk. For the past two years they have been telling me how good they are (they play everyday at recess and they each have a team). I've tried to tell them that they need to share the positions and not be ball hogs. Yeah mom, whatever!
Well, the heartbreaking part about all this is that they both wanted to be quarterback. I don't blame them, it's a pretty fun position. But, Tyler played the position for part of the game, and really had a hard time. He did great in other positions, but not so great with the one and only one he wants! He is my only baby lacking in self-confidence. It pains me. He is an amazing kid, but doesn't have a lot of faith in himself...in anything. He's athletic, artistic, smart, cute, etc.(yes, this is the mom's unbiased opinion). We now have to tell him how cool the other positions are: cornerback, safety, wide receiver. I don't think he's buying it. He's sad and defeated. What can I do? I think he's had his heart set on quarterback forever even though we've told him that you can't have two quarterbacks. I'm cheering on the outside for Tanner (because he really did play an amazing game) and crying on the inside for Tyler.
Twins are much harder than anyone can ever imagine!


8 comments:

Patti said...

Oh, my heart hurts! Maybe it's a good thing I'm not there... I might not handle this well. Be strong - lots of prayer!

Beth said...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO boys! (That's my cheerleader impression!) I hope Tyler finds his niche on the team. I know how hard it can be when your sibling is good at EVERYTHING ;)

Nichole said...

I think this is every multiple mothers nightmare. I keep hoping my boys like different sports. I'm just glad I can watch your example 4 yrs ahead of me. Keep up the good work. Your family is adorable.

Maggie said...

Tyler should be the reciever. Then they can go off to BYU and be the famous "Head football duo"!
They'll write about is good hands!

Julia said...

oh poor Tyler. That sucks when your competition is also your best frined! But he's great, he'll find something else.

Cassie said...

Good luck with the boys. I know it's not what they want to hear but they look so cute playing.

Jen said...

I can imagine what you are going through! You guys are doing what's right - just love and encourage. It's times like these that I like to remember my Mother-in-law's favorite saying: Everyone has a childhood to get over! It helps me feel better at least :)
So far, Katie is competitive, but Liz could care less, so it works out even though Katie is better at reading, soccer, and gymnastics (just slightly better, but it's hard not to notice when they are twins!) but Liz is just happy-go-lucky and does her own thing at her own pace.

Erin said...

oh man that has to be hard. congrats to tyler though. I agree with my mom...tanner should go for the receiver position...him and his brother are in sync like that I am sure....and the receiver gets to make all the touchdowns. or maybe you could get tanner into something that tyler doesn't do...so there is no competition between them. don't worry he will find his niche.