Thursday, August 2, 2007

Pioneer Day

Last Saturday I was in charge of a pioneer day celebration. We did it out at the Liddell's ranch. They have a pond the kids can swim in, and they gave the kids a hayride. We played games and had dutch oven dinners and a pie contest. It was pretty fun! My friend Lonnie took some pictures, so I thought I would share.

Makenna, Syd, and Elise with their homemade bonnets.
Pres. Liddell and the Bandit (Peter). They told the kids on the hayride that they had to sing a primary song or they would take all of their "goods." Then they gave them candy. I didn't do anything to organize this part, but the funny thing is, we did something really similar at the boys' 3rd or 4th birthday party.
Tyler, racing for the finish line.
Sack races with Sydney in first place...she was an animal!
Sydney swimming in the big island float


Rick, Bob and Nyle manning the dutch ovens.
Athena & I
Debbie Liddell was one of the bandits too. They dressed for the part!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, very impressive pioneer day. Looks like Sisters is an ideal spot to have such an event. Pioneer day on the beach is just not the same.! Great pictures.
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a very successful event! I remember the boys party and I was amazed to see those horses riding on the hill behind your house and coming right into your yard. They are soooo big! Syd cracks me up - an animal... never thought of her that way but she has to hold her own with her two brothers. Love you all.

Cassie said...

That looks SO fun! That was nothing like our pioneer day here...I didn't even make it to the parade with Cam because I thought it started later...and Chris had to work (unlike every other person in Utah) not so memorable! Maybe next time we will have to come to you!

Beth said...

That looks SO cool. :) Love the pictures of Syd running like a mad woman in her potato sack and sticking her head out of the pool. CUTE.

Nichole said...

Emily your kids are so cute. You did a great job on the event it looks like. Sorry to spy on your site. I hope you're doing well.

Nichole

Erin said...

I knew Utah wasn't the only state who celebrated a pioneer day!

looks like you guys had fun.

Sandy said...

Ya know, when you live in mountain country you can have more authentic pioneer celebrations. It all looked pretty cool. By the way, my grandmother was a Liddell. I must be related somehow to your Liddells!!

Julia said...

What cute little pioneers! That looks like it was an awesome activity! I could have loaned you my pioneer skirt and bonnet! hehe.

When do you wanna go camping??

Beth said...

OK, MISSIE.. THAT IS IT!!! Mom & I have looked at your blog approximately 256 times in the last 24 hours to see if you were going to post - like you SAID YOU WOULD - and NOTHIN'! We have had ENOUGH!!! What.. do you have a life or something??!!! C'mon!!!! We need a new post missie!!!!!!!!