So I thought I better start my chocolate blog so that I don't leave you hanging too long. Forrest Gump said it best when he said that life is like a box of chocolates. Here is my reasoning..
1. You never know what you are going to get when you bite in...most companies don't give you a diagram of what the caramel filling ones look like. Coffee flavored (YUCK) or caramel (my favorite)! Kind of like life. You never know what will come your way. It's always a surprise! Try learning that you will be having twins when you are 5 months along and you thought you were having one! Or, eating your words and living in a mobile home out in the sticks when you always said NEVER! Or, living here in Oregon with all my family, and then everyone moves away but me. I guess we can't have it all, right?
What you get when you have twins...a constant wrestling companion. I wouldn't trade them for anything (except ice cream on bad days). Nice face Syd!
2. You always get good stuff mixed with the bad. Some days are heaven at my house. Well, usually we are not here at home, but out in the boat on the days I would consider heaven. And other days are pure torture fighting with the kids to just get them dressed to go to school. I don't usually take pictures of the bad days, so you don't often hear about them.
Little example of a good parenting moment:
Sydney gets in the car after church and immediately says:
I wasn't the bad one today. (excitedly)
I said "What do you mean?"
I wasn't the bad one today because the visitors were. (matter of factly)
I ask, "Are you usually the bad one?"
Yeah! (duh mom, don't you know that)
So happy that my kids are so wonderful to their teachers at church. Mother of the Year!
The same Sunday Tyler and Tanner's teacher pulls me aside and asks if they have been tested? Tested for what? ADHD, allergies that cause hyperactivity? Oh yes, I tested them myself!!! THEY ARE NORMAL, CRAZY HEAD BOYS! If you knew the rest of the Head family you would totally agree! Right Nyle?
A day in Heaven!
The Head boys on the inner-tubes last summer. The youngest is 31!
3. Things are not always as they seem. Some of the prettiest packaging on a box of chocolates could have the most disgusting treats inside! I am unfortunately into appearances. Who isn't? It's embarassing to not be totally perfect! My house may look clean from the room you're standing in, but you better never try to go in my bedroom! The door looks prettier. Same with the laundry room, right mom? You can't even walk in there! Why don't we all show pictures of our laundry piles? Do you notice that if I include a picture of myself you are not seeing my legs? There is a reason...one of the fun surprises of life!
Eczema on my legs- mostly stress induced. I know!!! It's ugly!!!
Normal laundry pile! Cute, eh?
4. When you get a box of chocolates you really want to eat all of it, but you know you shouldn't. It would add 6" to your butt! So, you save them for later to nibble on them a little at a time. Or, you share it so that others can enjoy it with you. Just like blogging and talking to you guys...I have to do it a little at a time, mixed in with work. I can't just work all the time!!!! Who does that? Besides it's more fun to share with you...the good and the bad. Some of my favorite posts are the ones where you talk about how bad your haircut is or how dorky your husband is...it makes me feel more normal. So keep sharing!
Dorky Husband!
A bad hair day and a Cori Claire Rat's nest! Remember those?








13 comments:
Maybe I dont like chocolate. Hahaha just kidding! Life is great! And I love your kids! Never a dull moment. Whenever Brett is driving me crazy he says "your life would be so boring without me" and I guess that's true.
Oh my..... Those are some SPECIAL pictures you shared today. Love the laundry picture and Syd's face in the car. Lovely! Your poor skin. :( I think I like REAL chocolate, not blog chocolate!
Man, I think you need more carmel!!I think it's funny, even in the Heaven picture the boys are making a face. I saw that very same rash on a guy I work with. He was out on stress leave for four months. I think you should talk to your Boss, he will give you some time off, he has a very scruffy, happy face! I can't beleive how good the boat looks after all these years. I'm ready for more hotel pics!
Love you,
Dad
Ok. I didn't mean for this to sound all negative. If you got that feeling, forget it! Life IS good, it can just be crazy sometimes!
Don't know if you remember me (I'm a Bristow) anywho...I just have to say 1. I'm glad the "perfect couple" has a normal life rather than a perfect one! 2. I LOVED the blog!! It made me laugh and showed me I'm not the only one with piles of laundry and a cute but sometimes braty daughter! :P
What a great post! I can definitely relate! While I don't have twins, I do have 5, 4 of which are boys. The sheer numbers will do it!
And laundry for 7 is a little daunting. And dishes with no dishwasher......
But I sure love my family, as I'm sure you do too!
Wow Em, I'm sooo impressed with your blogging. You're posting more often than Beth now!! Keep it up! I'm starting to feel a little closer to your family now even though I haven't seen them in forever. Cassie is soo excited for girls weekend, she won't stop talking about it! Hope you ladies have fun! Love you!
I love your chocolate. :) And, I love your blogging. I'm soooo proud. :) :)
Nice post! I have to admit I am super impressed with your updates and not to be repetitive but I agree with Chris...I feel closer to you guys since I know what's going on with you! Can't wait to see you and everyone for a whole lot of FUN!!!
Ok, i've read your post like 5 times now, and I crack up every time at your conversation after church and the Cori's rat's nest.
I loved this post! You Harline girls are pretty entertaining! Thanks for sharing. (I know you are probably thinking, "who the heck is this!?!" I'm Cassie's sister Aleca-- you can check my blog too. I've got lots of life's "chocolates" on my page as well)Keep it coming-- I'm loving it!
Hey Em! It's me Lisa (estes). I love your blog! I couldn't stop laughing!: ) I needed a good laugh today, thank you. My monster is being satan's helper today, so laughing felt good.
I am happy to hear how your life is going! Keep it coming! : )
Okay well, it's my turn to return to your iife from the past! It's Emily (bristow) and I too, am very happy to see your blog. Where are you at? somewhere in Oregon right? Hey ever thought of coming to Kansas? yeah I know, nobody ever does!
Post a Comment