OK. So, since I really don't have much to share lately, I thought I would talk about my cute hubby Nyle. He has quite a few quirks. I picked up on this one night when I was talking to my mom and she asked what I made for dinner. I told her I had made chili burgers, but had to hide the fact that I didn't have any hamburger buns, just bread. She thought that was weird. Why? Because it is one of Nyle's funny quirks. So here they go.
1. He will not eat a hamburger or hot dog without the specified bun to accompany it
2. No socks are allowed in bed...not on his feet, my feet or the kid's feet. Feet need to breathe, according to him.
3. He doesn't like to stop for anything when we are traveling. Once, we went to Utah, a 10-12 hour drive, and he had me pack a cooler for the entire trip. We only stopped for gas. What's the fun in traveling then, right dad?
4. He washes his truck before he takes a big trip in it. Does this make sense to anyone? Bug guts are splattered all over it in minutes, but at least he starts clean, right?!
5. It takes him 10x's as long as anyone else to fix a sandwich or hamburger because all of the ingredients have to be perfectly organized and arranged.
6. His idea of a great Saturday is to organize, clean his vehicles, or garage, or any work project around the house. He feels so happy when the day is through and he looks at what he's accomplished. For those who know me, you know that my idea of a perfect Saturday is not THIS!
7. When the kids are gone at a sleepover or something...I think, lets go somewhere, let's do something fun. He gets sad and misses the kids. He can't wait to go get them. What a good dad!
Well, that's all for now. I don't want him to think I'm picking on him.
Monday, July 23, 2007
Nyle's quirks
Posted by Emily at 4:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







13 comments:
I love that wierd man of yours. I recognize that Nyle and I share some quirks... do you think I'm wierd? I concur on starting out a trip in a clean car. I love accomplishing a lot on a Saturday. Feet DO need to breathe, but I love hot dogs on bread and trips are ALL about stopping 100 times. Love you guys.
Wait.. so what are his QUIRKS? I read through almost the whole list going "ya, ok... of course... uh-huh..." ;)
I guess you & I are a little different huh? Who knew... :)
Gotta respond to this one :)!
1. I agree with Nyle! I also thought it was so gross when my mom would try and substitute a slice of bread for a hamburger or hot dog bun...gross!!
2. I once got scolded by a stranger for sitting on a couch barefoot (and pregnant, I might add) in a house that I was hosting for the Tour of Homes....they thought this was repulsive, but it was my couch, so who cares, right?! My feet were breathing :)!
3. Jeff will only stop to use a tree, but he hates stopping at a rest-stop...I don't like to use trees by the side of the road!
4. Jeff always has to wash the truck or car before a big trip...I've never got what this was about either!
5. Got nothing on this one...is Nyle a Virgo???
6. Jeff's perfect Saturday...watching a Duck game and taking a nap! He is the biggest napper....it drives me nuts!!! No wonder why our house still isn't sided a year later!
7. That's really sweet...I agree...what a good Dad!
On another note...so glad you weren't at the Washington house yesterday with your camera....I had ugly visions of being put up on your blog :)!!!
Have a good day...see you tonomorrow!
(Hey, is there spell-check on this thing???)
How funny! Our husbands share a lot of the same quirks! Except the sock one.... that's me.
I can't stand to wear socks in bed either! I move around too much, so they don't stay on my feet anyway..they get all twisted, and I can't stand that either. It's just not worth it.
Those are pretty funny! I have to admit that I'm TOTALLY with Nyle on the no stops for the road trip! You have to get there and THEN enjoy the vacation...who likes to be cooped up in the car longer than you have to??? :)
Katie! You commented! So good to hear from you. I guess these are just quirks to me. Some of you are just like him!
So what would Nyle list for your quirks???
It must be a Head thing, Em. I must confess... I totally agree with 1,2, and 5. Especially the 'proper' way to layer the sandwich and the 'proper' bun... must have proper buns!!! Gotta Love It, Right!?!
-Mary, the last sibling to get hitched, WOOHOO!!!
i have noticed a theme in the things he is ocd about...his food, and his truck. but i am with him on the sock thing...why wear socks to bed...it suffocates your feet. let them be free!
MARY!!! Your wedding was beautiful! You looked so happy and your dress was beautiful. I loved the location. Wish we'd been there.
I can relate to the bun requirements, I'm not sure if my feet breath anymore, don't think so. The traveling thing is of course where I can't be on board. I think half the fun of the trip is seeing all the picturesque sights along the way. Smell the roses, so to speak. And if I should have to potty up on a couple of those stops, so much the better! I find McDonalds bathrooms the cleanest, not to mention easy to find!
Hasn't Nyle ever heard the phrase "Life is a journey, not a destination"? Same goes for road trips. The destination is just another stop along the way!
Post a Comment