Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Quilt Show

This last Saturday was the annual quilt show. It was awesome! They say that after you've lived here for about 4 years you start to avoid it, but I'm not there yet. I look forward to it. One of my favorites is the quilt just below. This is an up-close of one of the flowers. It must have taken hours! This one wasn't for sale, but another one by the same quilter was priced at $10,000! Yikes! Oh well, I wasn't in the market anyway!


This was on the same quilt...it looked 3-D!
Julia with another cool one by the same quilter
Sydney matched this quilt, so all the women around me were taking pictures of her too. Mind you, I said women. This was definitely a woman's day. They even changed the mens bathroom to women only! I can't imagine why the men don't love it!
Dianne, Me, Syd, Julia, McKenzie, & Jessica. Vonnie took the picture.
Quilts are all over the buildings.

The one on the far left was one of my favorites. The flowers that I pictured were out of this quilt.



Art in a quilt!
Julia is laying down to check this one out! Just kidding! I forgot to rotate it. Aren't the colors cool in this one!

4th of July fireworks!
So, after we went to the quilt show, Julia and I set a goal to put a quilt in the show next year. Everyone should come check it out! The second weekend in July! Mark your calendars.




11 comments:

Julia said...

Oh great, now I'm going to HAVE to do it. Thanks for broadcasting ;)
That was such a fun day! Glad you got pictures cause you know I didnt.

Beth said...

I can't IMAGINE why anyone would want to miss a quilt show... CANNOT imagine... tee hee.. I'm kind of being a smart *** ;)

Glad you had fun. I would come anyway, just to be with you....

Emily said...

Brat! I think even YOU would like it...potty mouth!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL! Put me on the calendar for next year. I will BE THERE. I've missed it every year and I will NOT miss it next year. What talented ladies and YOU ladies looked like you were having a great day.

Anonymous said...

Maybe we could have the girls weekend in Sisters next July? I'm in!!

Anonymous said...

Emily, Where were the boys while the girls were at the Quilt Show?

Erin said...

those were so gorgeous! I love that flower one too, and the fourth of July one. maybe some day I can go to that quilt show.

Cassie said...

All I have to say is Man that's a lot of work!!! They are pretty but I sure don't have the patience to do it!

Anonymous said...

Emily- I know that you have been at girls camp all week, but I'm still waitting to see what the buys were doing while you were admiring quilts

Anonymous said...

Brett, as you know, the boys, you included, were hanging doors in our house. Good work boys! I do not have any pictures of that because I wasn't there to take them, but all of you will see their good work when you come to visit! I will point out the ones Brett did...studdly man that he is!

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha Ha! You learned how to hang doors, huh Brett? Give me a quilt show anytime.