So, today we took a tour of our hardwood guy's house. It was beautiful! It was a true craftsman with lots of neat details! They made their own leaded glass transoms and furniture. It was too cool. Anyway, they are Jehovah's Witnesses and they have tried to share their religion with us. We totally respect them because they are such great, honest people and they have been really great examples of their faith (great missionaries). So, their daughter walked downstairs and introduced herself and I immediately recognized her. She was the one that had come to my house to share magazines with me 3 times and the fourth time I told her that I totally respected what she did sharing her faith and the story of Jesus Christ, but that I was really happy in my own faith. I told her that she probably shouldn't waste her time on me. So now here I was taking a tour of her house, talking with her parents, and checking out her room. I was a little embarassed, but realized that her parents probably sent her to our house. Oh well. I guess in every missionary endeavor you can't win them all. It was just a little awkward.
Sunday, June 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







10 comments:
Well, the cool part is that you know they must like you guys and thought you were good people if they were trying to share their religion with you :)
Look on the bright side.... her parents probably won't be sending her to your house anymore! Sounds like a cool house! You didn't ask to take picture for your blog?!?! Just kidding.
Mom, what are you doing up at 3:26 AM? You actually read blogs at that time of night? Yikes.
I was up from 2 - 4 last night. Fun, huh? Crazy, but true. Can't sleep very well when you are old. Guess I'm old.
What are transoms? :) And speaking as a former ward missionary (we just barely got released), you can't avoid the awkward moments. And really, they're not as awkward as you think they are. Try running into the lady you visited & gave all the discussions to, but bc she was living with her boyfriend she didn't want to get baptized!
PS: I blog-stalk you through Beth's blog...LOVE the scenery around your home!!! SO JEALOUS!
I had to look it up too....
Transom
1. A horizontal dividing bar of stone or wood above a window or between a door and a window above it - AKA transom bar
ps How's your little one?!?!?!
Slightly awkward, but it would have been much more awkward if you hadn't been soo nice to the little girl!! THAT would have been awkward!
I agree with chris, at least you were nice to her and didn't just pretend you weren't home. What an example of missionary work though.
I think what you said was perfect. And I bet that you guys are good examples of your faith to them too!
Emily, is that what that's called? Blog-stalking? Well I blog-stalk all of those people on Beth's list. I hardly know half of them, but it sure is fun to see what people blog- including you! You're a mommy now!! Congratulations! Come back to Oregon sometime!
Post a Comment