Sunday, June 24, 2007

House Update

So, here is a little update on the house. Nyle has been sheeting the roof and getting some fascia up. These really don't show much fascia, but the roof is mostly sheeted. It has been a full week! The roofer (my brother-in-law) is coming on Wednesday, so we need to be ready for him! They even worked on Saturday. The fun never stops.

This is the Family Room and above is Syd's room.
Office and entry. Nice post isn't it? There will actually be 3 8x8's on each side with rock bases. We are not covering the rafter tails...I wanted that look and we don't have to worry about a lot of rain! Yeah!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is looking fantastic. I love the "tails". Keep the pics coming. Wish we were there to watch. I'm sure you guys would put us to work QUICK! That would be fun.

Cassie said...

I don't know if someone has told you yet but....your house is HUGE!!! :) It looks gorgeous and I LOVE the stone work for the front that's my favorite look! I can't wait to see more done (I'm sure you feel the same way!)

Julia said...

fascia?? definition please. We definately want to come help soon! How about this weekend??

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the house update. Can you take a picture further away so I can see the whole thing in one picture. Maybe after it's all sheeted and the facia is up. Which if I know Nyle, that would be now! Love and miss you all!

Emily said...

Julia, fascia is the board that trims the house at the roof's edge. The white board that is on the front porch is a fascia board. We are only putting that on the gables. We would love to have you come help! This weekend we are going to Florence until Saturday night. We are helping Vonnie finish her apartment over her garage.

Erin said...

so exciting! it actually looks like a real house now. I can't wait to come visit. how does the end of july begininng of august sound?