Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Summer Vacation?

Ok mom, now I know why you never loved summer vacation. Is it really a vacation? Of course not! Not for the mothers anyway. I thought life was hectic before. Now I have to juggle working, building, and keeping kids happy...oh, and working out (yeah right!). My friend Monica just had a baby yesterday and her sister is driving up to get her 3 kids and she is taking them back with her to CA. What!? Is that awesome or what? Do I need to have a baby to get someone to steal my kids away for a week? Yep, probably. But I will not be adding that in the mix right now. YIKES!
Really, my kids have been having a lot of fun. There were about 8 kids over here yesterday afternoon...mostly from the neighborhood. They all stayed for dinner and didn't want to stop playing. No homework, nice weather and no strict bedtimes. They have it pretty good. Can I be a kid again?

4 comments:

Erin said...

wow, that sounds like the life to me right now. I remember when I looked forward to summer vacation...even in college.

Anonymous said...

You give us another cute grandbaby and we're on our way to get the kids. PROMISE! Well, we might need to stay there with them, but we'll take care of them for as long as you need. Deal? And yes, summer is a difficult time for a busy mom, but you'll make it through- if you've survived the last 8 years, you can make it through the summer.

Cassie said...

I would love to play all day and have someone make me my meals and do my laundry! And I always thought it was rough being a kid! :)

Julia said...

Ya, I miss when summer actually meant something. Now it just means I get to sweat in my office.